Part 1. Bulbs and Switches Lab
Understanding the purpose of a switch
- Puzzle board pieces that contain the bulb, batteries, and switch
- Three wires with alligator clips on the ends
- Get the bulb to light using the battery, the switch, and the wires. Draw a picture on the right to show how you completed the circuit.
- What do you have to do to get the bulb to turn off?
- Why is it useful to have a switch in the circuit?
- How many contact points does a switch have? Identify them and mark them in the picture.
- What other important parts does the switch have?