In this lab, students will learn to:
- Apply the definition of position.
- Make qualitative observations about the motion of a bubble in the bubble tube and share observations with other groups in class.
- Discuss and evaluate alternate ideas for possible experiments.
- Design an experiment to study the motion of the bubble as it travels up the tube.
- Gather data of the motion of the bubble.
- Draw a position vs. time graph from the data.
- Calculate the speed from the slope of that graph.
- Describe the attributes of uniform motion from an analysis of their data.
- Associate speed with the slope of a position vs time graph.